Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Beate Knappe, Embellishing


(Above: Detail, Autumn at the Forest by Beate Knappe.)

(Click on any image to enlarge. Autumn at the Forest by Beate Knappe.)


(Above: Another detail of Beate Knappe's Autumn at the Forest.)

(Click on any image to enlarge. Beate Knappe's My Funny Jolly Spring.)

(Above and below: Details of Beate Knappe's My Funny Jolly Spring.)


Beate Knappe creates and shares interesting embellished works including a production video on her blog. She is a professional fiber artist and photographer who has written and is marketing an instructional series for the embellisher in both German and English. Beate is sending Autumn at the Forest and My Funny Jolly Spring for CYBER FYBER.

(Below: Additional comments by Susan Lenz on Beate Knappe's selection for the CYBER FYBER invitational exhibition.)
Beate Knappe has beautifully accepted her invitation to exhibit with CYBER FYBER. This acceptance has really touched my heart because it was made with a huge leap of faith. Although I speak some German, I cannot write adequately in German. Without understanding the fine details, Beate accepted anyway. Fortunately, I have a dear friend Britta Cruz who now lives in Chicago. Britta was born and raised in Germany, has lived in Spain (and speaks Spanish fluently), and now resides with an adopted daughter (3 years old) and newly born twins, Aiden and Mia. Britta is a great ceramicist who also spins, knits, and expresses herself with fibers. I emailed my letter, Beate's response, and the link to CYBER FYBER. Within a few hours, Britta was typing to Beate. Britta is also now trading a postcard, and I am absolutely thrilled at the idea of having Beate's wonderful work in the exhibition! This is just another wonderful way in which the Internet has formed a supportive, global community for fiber artists.

No comments: